Monday, August 18, 2008

My Happiest Place on Earth


Last weekend I went to a wonderful, magical, fantastical event - The Scrapbook Expo. I can tell you that it is truly the happiest event on earth. For me. I love it. I love the anticipation while I'm parking my car. Giddy! I love walking in, empty totes in hand just waiting to be filled. I love the feeling I get while entering the expo with all the other ladies who have stock piled cash behind their husbands backs so that they can drop LOTS and LOTS of money without feeling nervous.
I had a grand time! I missed it last year because it was just before the baby was born and I knew I couldn't be on my (shopping) game in that condition.
Anyway, when my arms were numb from carrying my bags, and my wallet was as light as a feather - I left. But not without some really great finds. I was tempted to lay out my bounty and take a picture of it all....but then I realized it could at some point be labeled "Exhibit A" and decided not to. But here's a couple of frames I made with new paper from SEI. I love them! These will be hard to part with.








Also, I'm not sure if I should make a bunch of things like this and bring them into one of the many local boutique-y type places, or continue to list them on Etsy. I'm just not sure. I think I could probably make more money off of them in a consignment situation, but it's fun to list them on Etsy. It's so exciting when I check my mail and realize that someone has bought something that I made! I feel so honored knowing that out of all the silly little picture frames on Etsy - they choose one of mine.



























No comments: